The 2014 Touchstone Climbing Series is winding down.. with a triumphant roar! Here is everything you need to know to prepare for the Rope Climbing Finale at Mission Cliffs on October 25th.
What it is:
TCS2014 is a 9 month comp series that has visited each and every Touchstone Climbing gym. Over 2,000 climbers from across the state have participated in the event, making it the largest climbing comp in the world! Each comp has featured climbing for beginner, intermediate and advanced climbers, along with all the beer, soda, and pizza you can stand. We throw these comps, which are FREE to members and only $10 for guests, so that we can thank them for being a part of out community.
Schedule: Ropes Finale at Mission Cliffs on Saturday, October 25th
11:30am- 5pm: Registration. Open Climbing. All levels.
4:30pm: Advanced Climbers turn in scorecards
5pm: All climbers turn in score cards
4:20pm: Beer, Pizza, Raffle Prizes
6pm: On-sight finals
8pm: Closed. Don't care where you go, but you can't stay here!
To expedite your registration the day of the comp, please have your Competition Code and a paper waiver in hand when you arrive.
You can print a paper waiver.
Get your comp code.
If you arrive with these two things, you'll be greeted with the highest of fives.
• All climbers and belayers must have a valid belay card.
• Competitors may attempt any route.
• Competitors have a maximum of 3 attempts per route.
• When starting a route, your hands must remain in the start box until both feet leave the ground.
• Competitors may watch other climbers, but may not give advice while that climber is climbing.
• Points will be given when a competitor controls the boxed hold.
• Please have your belayer initial your score per attempt.
• You may not work a route. Once you have weighted the rope you must lower to the ground.
• Your final placing in the competition is determined by your three highest scores.
• It is the competitor’s responsibility to turn in their scorecard.
• Lead climbing is only permitted for advanced competitors. Any lead climbing will automatically bump you into the advanced category.
• Climb your hardest! If final score puts you into the higher category, you may be bumped. Congrats!
• Only 1 score from each grade will count towards your final score. Example: You can climb every 5.11a in the gym, but you'll only be able to count one. Why not go for that 5.11b?
At the end of the day, we will take the top 3 advanced climbers of the day, and the top 3 climbers of the series to compete in on-sight finals. The top three men and women from on-sight finals will receive a cash prize of $1,000, $600, and $350.
Overall Rope Series winners and overall Touchstone Climbing Series winners will also be announced.