For groups who have experienced belayers and for whom our preset 2-hour parties may not be the perfect fit, we offer the option of self-sufficient events. You must meet the following criteria in order to hold a self-sufficient event in our facility:
1. All belayers must be 18 years or older and be able to pass our belay test on the day of the event WITH ABSOLUTELY NO ASSISTANCE FROM OUR STAFF.
2. For every five climbers, you must provide at least one Touchstone-certified belayer
3. Everyone must have a signed waiver to enter our facility, it is highly recommended they do so in advance (WAIVER)
– Anyone under 18, must have a waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian.
– All spectators must fill out a waiver.
5. All self-sufficient groups must reserve their spot at least one week in advance by calling 510-981-9900
If you have any questions about whether you meet this criteria, please call the gym and speak with one of our staff. It is possible that you may not be permitted to hold your event at our facility if you do not fulfill the requirements above. If your belayers would like a refresher on how to belay before your event please take our Intro to Climbing Class.
Regular day pass and rental rates apply