COVID Gym Updates
Due to multiple mandates across CA, gym visitors must show proof of vaccination to enter. Children under 5, who are ineligible to be vaccinated are exempt. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to navigate the pandemic.
Please visit our COVID Update Page to get the most current information.
I am a new member. What are my membership perks?
Welcome to the family! You can always review your membership benefits by checking out the welcome packet below. If you have more specific questions, feel free to ask the desk staff, too.
Can I purchase a gift card online?
Of course you can, you lucky ducky! Gift cards are available in any amount, can be used at all of our locations, and never expire.
Can I schedule a lead test?
YES! Sometimes it’s difficult for staff to step away from the desk for 30 minutes to conduct a two-person lead test, or the gym may too busy to safely conduct the test where a fall is required. Scheduling ahead of time is the best way to ensure that you and your partner can take the test when you want!
Do you allow non-service dogs in your gym?
We only allow service dogs in the gym, but your canine buddy may stay in our front outdoors area. All dogs must be well trained and must not exhibit aggression towards dogs or people. We do not allow dogs that bark or are disruptive to our members and the businesses around us. Owners are responsible for any damage caused by their dog to BIW property, as well as the property of our members, guests and neighbors. Please bring anything your dog might need while visiting: a dog bed, a water bowl and of course, your own leash or line to secure your best friend from harm! If your dog cannot abide by our guidelines, you will be asked to put your buddy in your car or take them back home.
I am not a member. Do I need to make an appointment to climb or are you open to the public?
Yes, we are open to the public. You can drop by anytime we are open.
Do you give tours or can I come look around on my own?
Yes. Some gyms offer staff-guided tours and others offer self-guided tours. An appointment is not necessary, you may come in anytime during business hours. Before you arrive please fill out a waiver to expedite your check-in process. See you soon!
Do you have free trial passes?
We do not have free trial passes but we do offer Day Passes and we offer a special Ten Pass that will waive your initiation fee if you decide to become a member.
I am a paying member, how do I use my Member Passes for friends and family?
Members have three types of passes at their disposal every month. As a reminder, they do not roll over so use them up!
- The Intro Pass – this pass can be used once a month, on any day, and for one first-time visitor only.
- The 1st Friday Pass – this pass can be used for one visitor, newbie or oldbie.
- The Member Pass – this is a special discounted day pass for you to use on your friends and family members, anytime. It’s $10 off the regular-priced day pass.
How do I become a member?
You can purchase a membership online by going to the menu item +Membership and then clicking on Join the Gym.
Do you have an age minimum?
We do not have an age minimum, but safety is our priority. If you are coming in with a child under the age of 14, they must be supervised at all times.
Is there a weight limit to climb?
No, climbing is for all shapes and sizes!
Do you have auto belays?
We do not have auto belays, however, if you do not have a partner we are always happy to try and find you one. Just ask the desk staff to make an announcement for you over the PA and you’ll be climbing with a new friend in no time.
My kids want to climb. What are my options?
Here are a few of the best ways to bring kids to the gym:
- Check out our Climbing with Kids page located under the +YOUTH menu.
- Contact the gym to arrange a private lesson for your child. Private lessons are one hour long, instructional, and fun!
- We also offer a variety of youth programs. Find out what’s available at your local Touchstone gym by visiting the +YOUTH tab on any gym’s homepage.
- Parents can get involved and become belay certified. Take our Intro to Climbing Class to learn how to secure a harness, tie a figure 8 follow through knot, and complete your safety checks. You’ll be able to belay your own kids and have the knowledge to come back in the future!
- And lastly, take a look at our Kid’s Safety brochure!
How do I cancel or freeze my membership?
Easy peasy—you can update your membership online by going to My Account. Remember, all changes MUST be made before the first of the month. If you send in your request on or after the first, it will be processed for the next month.
Why are you guys so awesome?
Cause we know how to dance like this.