I am a new Member, what are my membership perks?
Can I purchase a gift card online?
Of course, you can you lucky ducky! Gift cards are available in any amount, they can be used at all of our locations and they never expire.
Can I schedule a lead test?
YES! Sometimes it’s difficult for staff to step away for 30 minutes to conduct a two-person lead test when you ask in person. Or perhaps the gym has been too busy to make conducting a test where a fall is required a safe proposition. We feel your pain and offer this solution: please fill out this form to schedule a lead test.
How much does it cost to climb?
That depends on what you want to do!
If you have never climbed before, we recommend taking our daily Intro to Climbing Class. In this one-hour class, you will learn the basic skills needed to start rope climbing: how to secure your harness, tie a figure 8 follow through knot and complete your safety checks. You will also learn how to belay using an ATC belay device, catch a fall and lower your climber back to the ground. After the class, use your newfound skills and climb until you can’t climb anymore!
If you are an experienced climber all you need is a day pass and a belay test. We are open to the public during all business hours, come on in!
How do I become a member? Do you give tours?
Walk into your local Touchstone Gym and say, “Hey, I want to be a member!” or “Hey, can I have a tour?” The desk staff will be happy to help you. Appointments are not needed for tours and memberships cannot be purchased online.
What’s the age minimum?
While we don’t have an age minimum, safety is our priority. If you are coming in with a child under the age of 14; they must be supervised.
Is there a weight limit to climb?
No, climbing is for all shapes and sizes who want to give it a shot!
Do you have auto belays?
We do not have auto belays, however, if you do not have a partner we are always happy to try and find you one. Just ask the desk staff to make an announcement for you over the PA. “Attention all members and guests, if you are looking for a top rope partner please come to the front desk.”
My kids want to climb, what are my options?
Here are a few of the best ways to bring kids to the gym:
- Arrange a private lesson for your child. Private lessons are one hour long, instructional and fun!
- Get involved! Spend more time with your kids and become belay certified. Take our Intro to Climbing Class to learn how to secure a harness, tie a figure 8 follow through knot and complete your safety checks.
- We also offer a variety of kids programs, from Birthday Parties to Camps. Find out what is being offered right now at your local Touchstone Climbing Gym.
I’m a member. How do I use my guest passes?
To use your guest pass, tell the front desk staff, “Hey, this is my friend and I want to use my guest pass.”
Guest Pass Beta
– You have two guest passes in a calendar month; the first one, you can use anytime, the second is only usable on the 4th Friday of the month.
– A guest can only use an Anytime guest pass once in 30 days. For example, Joe uses your guest pass on the 15th, he can’t use another Anytime guest pass (yours or someone else’s) until the 16th of the following month.
– A guest can use an Anytime guest pass and a Fourth Friday guest pass in 30 days. This is because the 4th Friday guest pass is a freebie!
– Guest Passes only cover the day pass, gear is not included.
– Guest Passes do not roll over.
– You can use two guest passes in one day if you use your Anytime and 4th Friday passes on the fourth Friday.
How do I cancel or freeze my membership?
Easy peasy. Remember, all changes MUST be made before the first of the month. If you send in your request on the first it will be processed for the next month. Click HERE.
Why are you guys so awesome?
Cause we know how to dance like this.