Welcome to Berkeley Ironworks!
Thank you for becoming a member and joining the Touchstone family. We hope Berkeley Ironworks becomes your home away from home.
The whole staff would like to take this opportunity to invite you to get to know us better. Come chat us up at the front desk, where we are happy to answer your questions about how things work, what classes might be the best fit for you, how to do that elusive route or boulder problem, or anything else that comes to mind—we’re here for you!
For starters, we’ve rounded up a list of what we think are some of the most important things you should know. Check out the information below to learn about all the perks of being a Touchstone member!
- Free Intro to Climbing Class.
- Reciprocal use of all Touchstone Climbing gyms.
- FREE towel service, locker room facilities, and saunas.
- Unlimited yoga and fitness classes.
- Member Passes for friends and family (see FAQ for more info).
- Discounts in our Pro Shop. 10% off any gear purchases over $75, and an additional 5% off the beginner climbing package—that’s 15% off a harness, shoes, ATC, carabiner, and chalk bag.
- FREE Touchstone Climbing Series competitions. Touchstone Competitions are not to be missed! Expect fun routes, great raffle prizes, and free food and drinks. Check out our Touchstone Climbing Series page for more information about these rad parties!
- Discounts on climbing clinics.
- Discounts on climbing camps.
- Your children 12 and under are FREE with your adult membership.
Your Membership Details:
Your Membership Account
You’re responsible for your membership at Touchstone. If you ever need to take a break, you can freeze or cancel your membership before the end of the month by using our online form. Remember, all changes MUST be made before the first of the month. Any request received on or after the first will be processed for the next month.
With 15 gyms in California, the Touchstone Routesetters are the heart of our business. Without their inspired routes, we’d have nothing to project and send. Their rotation is 10 weeks or less at every gym, meaning you’ll always find a new project to work on.
Berkeley Ironworks has a large parking lot as well as parking in front of the building and on the opposite side of the street. To ensure you’re parking in an approved spot, please view this map. Depending on the time of day, you may be towed if you park in the areas marked in RED.
New to Climbing?
If you’re brand new to climbing (or just need a little refresher), we offer complimentary intro classes — all the gear you need is included! You can register online here.
We strive to cultivate inclusive spaces where everyone can thrive as we come together to do what we love. Toward this end. we’re proud to host numerous meetups and affinity groups so everyone can find their crew to crush with! We’re not just gyms — we’re communities.
You’ve seen that person. You know that person. Don’t be that person.
Check out our Touchstone Tips video series if you’re new to climbing or simply want a refresher to ensure you’re not “that person” at the gym or crag. From doggy daycare don’ts to gym etiquette dos, we’ve got you covered.