Welcome to Berkeley Ironworks!
Thank you for becoming a member and joining the Touchstone family. We hope Berkeley Ironworks becomes your home away from home.
The whole staff would like to take this opportunity to invite you to get to know us better. Come chat us up at the front desk, where we are happy to answer your questions about how things work, what classes might be the best fit for you, how to do that elusive route or boulder problem, or anything else that comes to mind—we’re here for you!
For starters, we’ve rounded up a list of what we think are some of the most important things you should know. Check out the information below to learn about all the perks of being a Touchstone member!
- Free Intro to Climbing Class.
- One free guest pass each month, plus an extra guest pass on Member Guest Day. Friend + Guest Pass = New Climbing/Workout Partner!
- Guests are limited to using one free guest pass every 30 days at any of our locations. Please see our FAQ Page for more information about how guest passes and Member Guest Days work.
- Reciprocal use of all Touchstone Climbing gyms.
- FREE towel service, locker room facilities, and saunas.
- Unlimited yoga and fitness classes.
- Discounts in our Pro Shop. 10% off any gear purchases over $75, and an additional 5% off the beginner climbing package—that’s 15% off a harness, shoes, ATC, carabiner and chalk bag.
- FREE competitions and events. Touchstone Competitions are not to be missed! Expect fun routes, great raffle prizes, and free food and drinks. Check out our Touchstone Climbing Series page for more information about these rad parties!
- Discounts on climbing clinics.
- Discounts on Kids Summer Camps, After School Camps, and childcare.
- Your children 12 and under are FREE with your adult membership.
Your Membership Details:
Berkeley Ironworks hosts a large parking lot as well as parking in front of the building and on the opposite side of the street. To ensure that you are parking in an approved parking spot, please view this map. Depending on the time of day, you may be towed if you park in the areas marked in RED.
New to Climbing?
If you’re brand new to climbing (or just need a little refresher), we offer complimentary intro classes—all the gear you need is included! Register online ahead of time here.
We offer a variety of fitness classes, including cycling, TRX, boxing, Monkey Ninja Bootcamp, Total Body Fitness, and more. Classes are offered on a regular schedule, which can be found on our calendar. Some classes require you to book your spot ahead of time. Check out our fitness FAQ flyer for more information.
We offer an array of yoga classes, from Ashtanga to Hatha. Learn more about our yoga program here!
Our personal training staff at Berkeley Ironworks is here to help you reach your fitness goals with someone at your side! Meet our personal trainers to get started.
From fundamental movements to how to lead climb, our climbing clinics can help you become a better boulderer or sport climber, or get you ready for outdoor climbing.
Looking for something that’s more tailored to your personal needs? Book a private lesson at the front desk for one-on-one instruction.
Kids in the Gym
Berkeley Ironworks offers fun climbing activities for kids like After School Camp, Summer Camp, Team Touchstone, and private lessons. We also offer childcare for the wee ones on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Kids under the age of 14 must be supervised in our gyms at all times. If you have children who will be visiting the gym, please take a moment to read our kids safety brochure.
Your Membership Account
Please remember that you are responsible for your membership at Touchstone. If you ever need to go on vacation, visit family for an extended time, or just take a break, make sure that you freeze or cancel your membership before the end of the month. Written notice of account changes need to be sent in by midnight the night before the 1st.