Governor Newsom ordered a statewide re-closure of all indoor operations on July 13 and released the Blueprint for a Safer Economy to track reopening progress by county on August 31. We will reopen as soon as our counties allow us to do so. You can find your gym’s current status and our COVID-19 reopening protocols below. Thank you for your patience and for sticking with us.
- The Studio—OPEN to current members and 10-pass holders as of 9/10
- Sacramento Pipeworks—OPEN to current members and 10-pass holders as of 10/02
- MetalMark—OPEN to current members and 10-pass holders as of 10/02
- Diablo Rock Gym—OPEN to current members and 10-pass holders as of 9/30
- Berkeley Ironworks—OPEN FITNESS ONLY to current members and 10-pass holders as of 10/12
- Great Western Power Co.—OPEN FITNESS ONLY to current members and 10-pass holders as of 10/12
- Mission Cliffs—OPEN FITNESS ONLY to current members and 10-pass holders as of 10/19
- Cliffs of Id—No reopening date at this time
- Hollywood Boulders —No reopening date at this time
- Verdigo Boulders—No reopening date at this time
- LA Boulders—No reopening date at this time
- Dogpatch Boulders—No reopening date at this time
We have been thinking very carefully about climbing in the time of COVID so that we can be ready to safely open our doors the moment we are able. We take your health and the health of our employees extremely seriously—we will be doing all we can to abide by local requirements to keep our community safe.
We will be using an online reservation system in order to adhere to state capacity restrictions. Touchstone members and 10-pass holders will be able to reserve two-hour climbing time slots up to twice per week. Time slots will open every hour and can be reserved up to 1 week in advance. Members will also be able to book a partner on their reservation, as long as they are also currently Touchstone members.
Reservations must be made online—no walk-ins will be available at this time. We will expand our availability as soon as we are able.
You can use the RGPro Connect App for iPhone or Android to easily book and cancel your reservations on your mobile device. For desktop, you can also use the Express Booking Profile located on the right side of our reservation pages.
Active Touchstone members who have been paying alternate dues will be switched to regular dues at the time of booking.
There is a 24 hour cancellation window. Anything less than 24 hours notice counts towards one of your two bookings a week.
Open for Fitness Only:
At this time, no children under the age of 13 will be allowed in the gyms unless they are an active member of Team Touchstone. At Dogpatch Boulders and Mission Cliffs, no one under 18 will be permitted in the gym per San Francisco regulations.
There will be no private lessons, clinics, or camps.
There will be no group fitness classes—check out our Fitness Live page for instructor-led home workouts.
Our yoga mats or props will not be available.
Cash transactions will be prohibited.
Additionally, the showers will not be available for use, there will be no towel or locker service, and we will not be offering rentals. We ask that you please come to the gym ready to work out—do not bring your gym bags or expect to change clothes or borrow gear while at the gym.
Finally, the drinking fountains will be closed, but our touchless water refilling stations are open—please bring a water bottle for personal use.
All members using the gyms at this time will be required to sign a COVID-19 agreement confirming the following:
- All gym users will consent to having their temperature taken prior to entering the gym. If a person’s temperature exceeds 100.4°F they will not be allowed to enter. We will not record temperature readings in any way.
- Staff will ask gym users if they have been experiencing COVID-like symptoms prior to entering the gym. Those that have will be denied entry for the day.
- Everyone entering the gym will be required to wear a face covering over their nose and mouth at all times. Anyone failing to do so will be asked to leave the gym immediately. No valved masks will be permitted.
- All gym users will be required to maintain at least 6 feet of distance between themselves and others at all times. This includes while climbing. Do not climb on ropes next to other groups, and do not climb boulder problems less than 6 feet away from other climbers.
- Climbers must sanitize or wash their hands with soap and water before and after climbing. There are hand washing and hand sanitizing stations placed throughout the gym.
- All gym users must sanitize or wash their hands with soap and water before and after using shared fitness equipment and must wipe down equipment after each use with an alcohol wipe, or affix a “Ready for Cleaning” sign to it. Gym staff will also clean shared fitness equipment every hour.
- All gym users will be required to check in AND check out. This information may be used for contact tracing, but will be kept secure otherwise.
- All gym users must notify us if tested positive for COVID-19.
- We will be asking all gym users to take personal prevention actions.
Stay home if you’re sick and for at least 72 hours after you’ve recovered. “Recovered” means your fever has resolved without the use of fever-reducing medications and there is improvement in your respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath), AND at least 7 days have passed since your symptoms first appeared.
Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before climbing, after using the restroom and after coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, and then dispose of the tissue and clean your hands immediately. If you do not have a tissue, use your elbow (not your hands).
Do not touch your mouth, eyes, or nose with unwashed hands.
Avoid unnecessary physical contact. Air hugs and air high-fives only for now!
Avoid contact with people who are sick.
Wear a face mask and maintain a distance of at least 6ft between yourself and others at all times while in the gym.
We know that this is all very different from pre-pandemic gym conditions. We are looking forward to the day when we’re allowed to work out, high five, and climb together like before. But in the meantime, we will do our part to maintain public health and safety during the COVID-19 crisis. If we are able to relax these requirements as the situation changes we will do so.